On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 10:54:41AM -0400, Nelson D. Guerrero wrote:
| and how would I go about doing this?

First you bottom quote so that a new member of the list can have a
clue what you're asking.  I think I've figured it out by combining the
keywords "signature" and "editor" and "delete", but it is better when
you don't remove the original question.

Now for the answer,in your .vimrc :

augroup Mail
    au!
    au FileType mail set tw=70 fo=tcrq2 nomodeline
    " clear the old sig and go back to the beginning of the buffer
    au BufRead /tmp/mutt* normal :g/^| -- $/,/^$/-1d
gg
augroup END

(that is a literal ^M charcter between the 'd' and 'g', on one line )

-D

--

A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/