John Iverson wrote:
> * On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> I would like to use mutt without the sendmail server on my machine. I
>> find sendmail configuration quite abstruse. Can I directly make Mutt
>> connect to my ISP's outgoing SMTP server.
>
> Not with just Mutt by itself, but you might want to check out ssmtp.
> It's linked from mutt.org's links section, along with other choices.

you might also check out postfix; there are good sample configurations
for null clients and workstations that relay through a relayhost at:
http://www.postfix.org/faq.html

postfix is also a bit less complicated than sendmail to configure (and
harder to misconfigure).

--
Will Yardley
input: william < @ hq . newdream . net . >