On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 04:16:02AM -0700, Will Yardley wrote:

| >>  with some versions of vim, you can also do something like:
| >>
| >>  :au VimEnter mutt-* set tw=72 wrap nosmartindent
| >>  :au VimEnter mutt-* syntax on
| >>
| >>  (this will apply the options to filenames starting with mutt-)
|
| > Even better, IMO :
| >
| > augroup Mail
| >     au!
| >     au FileType mail set tw=70 fo=tcrq2 nomodeline
| >     au FileType mail set comments+=n:\|,n:%,n:\:
| >     " clear the old sig and go back to the beginning of the buffer
| >     au BufRead /tmp/mutt* normal :g/^| -- $/,/^$/-1d
gg
| > augroup END
|
| will 'FileType' (or ft) work with versions of vim prior to 6.x though?

I'm pretty sure it does.  The difference is that vim itself has less
automagic based on filetypes built-in.  It can still detect a lot of
files (by extension or beginning content).

-D

--
Windows, hmmm, does it come with a GUI interface that works or just
pretty blue screens?

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/