On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 09:37:03PM -0400, Daniel J Peng wrote:
| I just installed Debian woody with Mutt 1.3.28i, and I've discovered a
| puzzling behavior that wasn't in the Mutt that came with Mandrake 8.0
| nor any other Mutt I've ever used.  I made a simple muttrc with just
|
| > set from="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
| > set realname="Daniel J. Peng"
|
| Now I expected that when I started writing an email in Mutt, Mutt
| would construct a default From header consisting of my email and
| realname, but instead the From header is completely blank.

What happens if you add
    set use_from
to it?

| If I type ":set from" or ":set realname", my email and realname do
| appear properly.

That's odd.

| Has anybody else seen this behavior?  Is this a new "feature" of Mutt
| 1.3.28i?  Or is this some pecularity of Debian's package?

I use debian, and have used at least versions 1.2.5, 1.3.28, and
1.4.0 from the debian packages.

HTH,
-D

--
If your company is not involved in something called "ISO 9000" you
probably have no idea what it is.  If your company _is_ involved in ISO

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/