jbw --

...and then jbw said...
%
% On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 09:48:13AM -0500, David T-G spewed into the ether:
% [snip]
% > Take a look at my tests and see if any of them give you the same problem
% I was able to decrypt & read all of the emails you sent except for
% the signed+pasted-encrypted in-line message. With particular email I
% received the same results as with their emails.

Aha!  As I thought.

%
% is how the plugin handles the encryption and signing of messages with
% eudora.

Yeah.

%
% That would explain why when I send them signed+encrypted email they can
% only open it what they call a secure viewer which is a seperate window

Ahhh...

% from eudora. The pgpfreeware plugin is expecting a two-step process and my
% emails are signed+encrypted in one-step. Therefore they can't read my
% emails directly within eudora.

Yeah.  And that explains why their mails are goofy, too.

%
% So which method is the standard signing and encrypting in one-step or
% two-steps?

Well, I don't know what one considers "standard", but I'd say the mutt
way is the Right Way ;-)  I've also followed the gnupg list a bit and it
seems that a single sign-and-encrypt process is a more common method,
though there is some discussion of doing multiple steps for signing and
encryption (in fact, s+e+s or e+s+e to get around some security problems
inherent in public-key encryption).

%
% Thanks for your help,

Sure thing!