--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

* Rob 'Feztaa' Park <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 2002-07-29 00:31 -0400:
> Alas! Iain Truskett spake thus:
> > * Patrick ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [29 Jul 2002 12:02]:
> > > * Andre Berger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [07-28-02 20:46]:
> > [...]
> > > This would be better accomplished by procmail, since this is one of
> > > it's intended uses.  Use mutt to read/respond to email.
> >=20
> > If one is adding to a kill file, I personally would prefer it to be done
> > in mutt (e.g. piped to another program while reading) just in case of
> > false positives.
>=20
> If you're worried about false positives, have it add the names to a
> 'dormant' killfile, ie one that is not in use. Then, periodically, you
> can check the 'dormant' killfile for innocents, and if there aren't any,
> you can merge it into the real killfile that is actually in use on your
> system.

Spamassassin does this for me by sorting it to a spam folder. - I use
a macro to add the entires to a proto black- or whitelist
respectively, which both mutt and spamassassin share. More exactly,
from which the respective rules for scoring (mutt) and lack- or
whitelist (spamassassin) are generated.

As I use mutt with nntp patch, the whole usenet (well, my view on it
:) is not in control of spamassassin - but in the range of my
frontend (mutt's) scoring.

I'm just too lazy to add every spam entry manually to my blacklist, I
whould rather like to define the few false positives!

> But this is not mutt's job, either way.

The original idea behind it is to synchronize mutt's scoring
mechanism with spamassassin. By the way, what would an exmaple
procmail rule to add a sender to the spamassassin blacklist look
like?

-Andre

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8--