* On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Michael Elkins wrote:

> The only known issue (afaik) about Mutt *not* reporting new
> mail is when the user has "unset mark_old" in their
> configuration.  In this case a message that would ordinarily be
> marked as old is still new, but won't be detected with the file
> modification/access time heuristic.

I don't know if it's related, but I've noticed the following
behavior which was briefly discussed here before: When you switch
from Mailbox A (index or pager view) to the folder list view,
Mutt won't show the N flag next to Mailbox A when there is new
mail in it.  It doesn't seem to matter whether the new mail was
already there or if it arrives while in folder list view.  If you
then switch to Mailbox B and back to folder view, the N flag for
Mailbox A works again (but now Mailbox B has the same issue).

Can anyone say whether this is a feature or bug?  I'm using
Maildir folders with "set mark_old=no", if that's relevant.

--
John