On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 12:57:21AM +0100, Lee J. Moore wrote:

| 'brightwhite' creates *bold* white text, whereas 'white' creates
| grey text

FWIW, I've seen in the gnome-terminal palette that "white" really is
grey, and "brightwhite" is really white.  The solution there is to
tweak the terminal so that the palette matches what I want it to be.

I, for one, would like the flexibility that lots of colors allow, in
particular for vim's syntax highlighting of xml and email.  However it
seems that X is required for that (gvim does a better job than 'vim').

-D

--
All a man's ways seem innocent to him,
but motives are weighed by the Lord.