On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 02:20:09PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> How do I start composing a new message to a mailing list?

The same way you compose a new message to a person - hit 'n' and type
the list address, e.g. [EMAIL PROTECTED]  You may want to
cut-and-paste the list address, or configure it as an alias.

> What I
> usually do  now is push "L" for list-reply the remove the body and
> appropriate headers.

Please DON'T do this.  Most MUAs (including mutt) use 'References:' and
'In-reply-to:' headers which can be used for threading.  This means
that your 'new' message ends up as part of another thread.  Since many
people who are on a number of high-traffic lists (like myself) use
delete-by-thread, you may find that you simply get ignored if you
happen to choose a thread that they're not interested in.

--
David Smith            Work Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
STMicroelectronics     Home Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]