On 2002-09-24 18:35, Brett Sanger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> but I'd like an easy way to move entire threads or chunks of a thread
> into some other mailboxes for archiving.

I keep one big archive folder for messages that are not "active" but
that I want to save (I save pretty much everything).  I also dump most
of my sent mail there as well, so I can view the folder and see
complete threads.

When that gets too big, I plan on rotating it out to a dated archive
folder.  (So I'll move all the messages in =archive from last year to,
say, =archive-2001.)

Moving a message to the archive folder is as easy as 's' for save and
then typing in =archive as the destination folder.  I guess you could
make a macro if that's too much typing.

For many messages at once (including threads), tag the messages
('Esc-T' will tag a whole thread) and then do '; s' to save all of the
tagged messages.

--
Luke