* Laurabelle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-09-26 18:03]:
> Just my 2p - I use procmail recipes (and a couple of scripts) to strip
> HTML formatting from all legitimate email.  The same scripts add a note
> to the effect that HTML has been removed; if I want to exchange email
> with that person again, I generally ask for text-only email.  People
> tend to cooperate, since after all they probably just don't realize it.

i have met quite some people who do undrestand the problem -
but keep ignoring that the keep offending people by sending
them all text as html, too.  the list is in my killfile...

> >Sven  [usually attaching sigs which fit the content of the message]
> I find that my current .sig is often quite relevant when answering
> questions but even more so when asking them.  It reminds me that the
> answer is only as good as the question.  Besides, it's short.
>
> Laurabelle
> --
> ASCII silly question, get a silly ANSI.

this is a quote after sigdashes - but not a signature.
signatures contain at least a name and an address, too.

signatures contains a name *and* an address.  at least.
quotes are just quotes and may be added to signatures.

but i have to admit that the quote is nice, indeed! :-)

Sven