* Sven Guckes ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote this on 09 30, 02 at 20:56:
> * Sven Guckes said:
> > well, if you subscribe to a HTML-only newsletter
> > then you were asking for it - so it's your problem.
>
> * Michael Leone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-09-26 17:27]:
> > It's *not* a problem, for me, anyway.
>
> so you are ignoring the extra but superfluous data - fine.

Not ignoring it. And it's not (always) superflous - some people *want* their
email to be read in the way they present it - links, colors, etc. So I have
mutt call out w3m to see HTML-only email. Or I ignore it, if I feel like.
Like anything else, it's my choice. As ignoring it is your choice.

> > To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> but you are obviously are also ignoring the fact that i am
> subscribed to the list and therefore do *not* need any CCs.

Usually, I edit that out, and have the list as the only email address in the
TO:, but I didn't bother that time.

> webmailers *suck*.  and if it is not the mailer
> then it must be the people using them.  *hrmpf*

Go have a beer or something, Sven - people will like you better if you're
less grumpy over things that are really not all that world-shattering.

<G>