* Lukas Ruf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-10-09 05:45]:
> creating aliases out of received emails creates
> headaches to me since I switched to mutt 1.4i.
>
> = Personal Name:
> - Mike Miller<ENTER>
> = [mike.miller = [EMAIL PROTECTED]] Accept? ([yes]/no):
>
> The problem now is found that the Personal Name
> is neither proposed nor saved when I entered it.

huh?  then why do you present mutt's prompt for the personal name?
is this merely the fictitious prompting?

> In my alias file there is only
> alias mike.miller [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Why?  Has anyone any idea?

no.  it certainly does work with mutt 1.4 for me
just tested it again on your very email.  result:

  alias ruf Lukas Ruf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

so take another look at the structure of that From: line.

Sven