* jochen issing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-10-09 11:55]:
> I recently received a message with a huge number of pictures attached.
> Now I want to store all these (or tagged ones) pics in a specified
> folder. Can anybody tell me how to do this? Perhaps a sample?
> I am just able to store the files in my home dir (default...)

oh, my, this *is* a faq by now...
and the answer is:  "use a macro!"

  macro attach S <save-message><bol>/path

this makes the cursor jump to
the "beginning-of-line" ("bol")
at the prompt for the filename,
thus adding the "/path" before
the filename (if there is one).

when you to to the attachments menu with
"view-attachments" ('v') then you can
tag-entry ('t') all the parts you want
to save and then use the tag-prefix (';')
command before you use save-entry ('s');
mutt will prompt you before saving each
"entry" (attachment/file/part), and the macro
will add the selected path automatically.

drawback:    the /path is *fixed* in the macro.
workaround:  maybe use $DIR_ATTACH in the macro..
wish:        add an option to set the favourite
             directory for saving attachments in.

(fefe - can you please add this to the faq?)

Sven  [who will add this macro to the setup page]

--
Sven Guckes   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.guckes.net/mutt/    the MUTT PAGES:
Binaries| Bugs| DOWNLOAD| History| Intro| Installation| Links| MailList| NEWS|