From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of David Champion
Sent: Tuesday, 15 October 2002 02:34
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: iconv stuff on solaris still unresolved

* On 2002.10.13, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
*       "Sven Dogbert Guckes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> so - what *is* required then?

I don't know: I install Solaris (with all the language options), I
compile mutt. Mutt works.

> well - +HAVE_ICONV, for sure.
> but is +ICONV_NONTRANS? what?

I don't know. Do you want me to find out what ICONV_NONTRANS is and
report back? I only pasted it because you did, and I figured you'd be
irritated if I didn't include mine. You don't really have room to be
snotty today. Today it's *your* problem that someone else is trying to
contribute information to.

> besides, you did not specify
> the kind of solaris you use.

No, I didn't. I probably should have, but neglected to because I've
had success on all recent revs -- some minor issues on 7, but it works
perfectly on 8, which is what you use. No trouble along these lines on 9
beta, either. I haven't upgraded to 9 FCS yet.

I'll add that I don't have any particularly strange libraries linked.
The usual Sun base and networking libraries, libgen for regexes. I
suppose you might not have libintl (mine does, of course), but that
would be very strange on your side.

Sven, if you have a question, please ask. But don't get irritable
because I didn't dissect my installation to find out why yours doesn't
work. Perhaps you should post your configure output, or mail it to me
directly. I'd be glad to look over it, if you like.

--
 -D.                    We establised a fine coffee. What everybody can say
 Sun Project, APC/UCCO  TASTY! It's fresh, so-mild, with some special