Jacek Wojaczynski wrote:
> 4. Folders - it really sucks! I even cannot see how many read/unread
> messages there are in a particular folder if I don't enter it...

Sounds like you haven't listed your mailboxes in .muttrc:

mailboxes !
mailboxes =mutt =procmail-user =linux-kernel =vim-user
mailboxes =list1

> 5. Using up/down arrows I scroll through messages (index view).
> Why it skips whole page? I'd like it to work same as in slrn.

Read the manual, assign a new keybinding.

> 6. What's the default shortcut for "Mark all tagged messages as
> read"?

The manual is here: http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/

You are looking for "tag" and "patterns".

> 7. C - copies messages to a different folder. What key moves them?

"s"aving them does that.

> 8. Can I import my Address Book from The Bat!?

Probably. Can the Bat export them in a useful format?

> 9. Au! There is no address book built in. What would you suggest?
> Abook or sth else?

There is, you didn't read the manual.

> 10. I still do not understand this "Tab completion" thing - it seems
> that sometimes it simply DOES NOT work as expected.

Does it behave the way the manual expects it to behave? If not, file a
bug.

> 11. What's the newest version of mutt? Is there a lot of problems
> using beta versions? (when I used TB! it was almost always the
> newest beta).

These are at the top of the www.mutt.org page. In general, don't use
a development release unless you need a feature in it or are doing
development work.

> 12. How do I create multiple identities? Different from, attribute
> line and language settings for different mailing lists.
> Possible? How? Folder-hooks or only send-hooks?

Have you looked at the sample .muttrc's provided at
http://www.mutt.org/links.html#config ?

> 13. How can I move old mail to a different folders? Automatically of
> course. For example for this list? How?

Depends. Do you want shiny clean folders with nothing in them except
fresh email that you've never seen? Do you want folders with relatively
recent email, so that anything over n days/weeks/months old is archived?
Think about folder-hooks, and read those sample .muttrc files.

> 14. Can I send within mutt mail to all users on my system?

Sure. If you have an alias established by your MTA or in mutt, this
becomes easier.

> vim related problems:

Really ought to go to the vim lists. For example:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED],  [EMAIL PROTECTED], archive at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vim)

> 15. It's very very tiring manually stripping those signatures and
> manually adding "> " signs when reformatting a paragraph.
> In TB! it was automatic...

If you need to reformat a paragraph, use fmt or par, or learn regexps.

> 16. I have ispell installed. It works fine. I can switch between
> english and polish dictionaries. Is it possible to automatically set
> proper dictionary? I mean: English for english language mailing
> lists and polish for polish language lists?

I don't use spellcheckers; however, I imagine that you would read the
ispell docs to find out how to switch dictionaries according to a
command line or environment variable, and set that in a folder-hook.

> 17. When spellchecker underlines a word - can I add it to the user
> dictionary? How? I'm having only console - so no mouse right click.

ispell documentation almost certainly has this.

> 18. Why ispell spells too much? It even tries to spell quoted text
> or header lines. It's stupid. Can I change it?

Yes. It's open source.

-dsr-

--
Lois McMaster Bujold and Terrance Dicks's _Dr Who: Miles Away!_, in
which the heroic Time Lord's attempts to overthrow an oppressive star