On Feb 01, William Yardley [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have a vendor who occasionally sends me replies quoted this way.
> What's ironic is that he normally top-posts, and I suspect he's doing it
> this way because *I* normally quote inline in response to him.

I'm sure this happens here; they are pretty happy to top quote back and
forth until I give a detailed properly-quoted response to their thread,
after which they will reply with this color-coded style.  This is either
peer pressure (doubtful) or they see the value in proper quoting and are
trying to do it with what they have (possible).

I could at that point either smack their nose for using HTML (a bad idea
when it's my boss' boss' boss doing it) or I can take some minimal comfort
that at least they're getting the spirit of proper quoting.  And take some
more comfort that I'm following Postel's Law.

Anyway, to the original question: the elinks and links family of text
browsers can render HTML colors as ascii.  If you use those as your HTML
viewers you can get the colors and follow the quoting.