* Rado S on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 at 18:08:10 +0100:
> =- Christian Ebert wrote on Tue  6.Feb'07 at 14:19:16 +0100 -=
>
>>> Then to suffice your requirement you could simply bind the "n"
>>> key to a macro that does the above /and/ executes
>>> <search-next>.
>>
>> Hm, I'm too dense, I tried, but everything leaves me on the
>> message that was marked -- marking the message doesn't perform
>> the actual search, and once I've done the hotkey search I'm back
>> on the marked message without having marked the message where I
>> came from.
>
> The idea, not litral mutt code, look up details.
> Works only assuming you don't use "Flag"ing for other purposes,
> and have 'wrap_search=yes'.
>
> a) jump next new:

let's call that message "a"

>       macro ... <unflag-all><flag><next-new>

only "a" is _flagged_

> b) jump last seen:

let's call this one "b"

>       macro ... <mark><search-flagged><enter><unflag>

"b" is _marked_, jump to "a", unflag "a", everything unflagged.

Now, to go back to "b", I'd need /another/ last-seen-macro that
jumps to _marked_.

Apart from the fact that I need flagging for it's proper purpose,
I still don't see it could be done that way.

_B A U S T E L L E N_ lesen! --->> <http://www.blacktrash.org/baustellen.html>