Hi Gary,

Le 28-11-2007, à 09:03:35 -0800, Gary Johnson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) a écrit :

> Lignes : 41
>
> On 2007-11-26, Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I have a Debian box at home where I fetchmail my mails, then procmail
> > them and finally read them with mutt either locally or via putty from
> > work. I have several profiles which I switch to using F<keys>. Apart
> > from some gpg keys problems which should be fixed in a near futur,
> > everything works well.
> >
> > After this short introduction, here is my problem, which isn't critical
> > but tiring. When I use TAB to go to the next unread message, sometimes
> > the display starts to move up and the whole message becomes mixed up.
> > After some investigation, all I found to fix this problem is to Ctrl-L
> > which redisplays the screen correctly. But this fix only works for a
> > while and I can be sure that a half a dozen messages later the problem
> > comes up again.
> >
> > I don't if this a bug or a configuration problem. It happens both
> > locally (using konsole) or remotely using putty. Someone told me it
> > could be related to my locales (utf-8) but my Debian box is utf-8
> > localized.
>
> Looking back at the original problem description, it is odd that the
> same problem occurs locally using konsole and remotely using PuTTY.
> What size windows are you using?  I wonder if this could be
> something as simple as the LINES and/or COLUMNS environment
> variables not being set properly.  If you're not doing so already,
> try running mutt in a terminal with 80 columns and 24 lines and see
> if you observe the same problem.

echo $LINES $COLUMNS
24 80

> Another approach to solving this might be to run mutt locally in an
> xterm window, something Kyle and I might understand better than
> konsole or PuTTY.

I'm currently at work, so I cannot try this locally. But I'll do so
tonight (if my one year old kid let's me ;-))

> If it still misbehaves, we could use 'script' to
> look at the character sequences actually being sent to the terminal
> at the point where the display starts to mess up and see what mutt
> is _trying_ to do with the display.

I have done several tests yesterday in order to see if this misbehaviour
is actually linked to any special MUA's. What I see is that messages
written with the following MUA's mess up the display :

IceDove 1.5
Kmail 1.9
Claws Mail 3.1
Evolution 2.12

and ....

Mutt 1.5.13 (in fact my own messages...)

But the thing is that the same MUA's don't always behave the same ...
for some posters, there will be problem with say Icedove while others
won't have any problems... You tell me why ...

> I'd still check LINES and COLUMNS first, though.

Checked and it seems ok.

> Regards,
> Gary

Thanks Gary for paying attention to my problem.

Best regards,
Steve