I have just had the shell account where I read my mail moved from a
FreeBSD system to a Linux one.  I was using mutt 1.5.16 on the FreeBSD
system, I'm using 1.5.17 on the Linux system.  I have the same home
directory on both systems so my muttrc file is unchanged (except for
removing sentmail from the mailboxes line).

I'm getting an odd effect when I log in to read new mail, the busier
mailing lists' mail appears in two chunks.  I.e. I see new mail in the
fedora mailing list mailbox, I open it and read, say, 20 messages.  I
then go to the next mailing list (possibly mutt) read messages there
and then, immediately afterwards the next new messages are 50 or so in
the fedora mailbox again.  There's no way they're really new or have
arrived since the first lot.  This wasn't happening in the FreeBSD
environment, does anyone have any ideas what might be causing it?

--
Chris Green