On Sun  6.Apr'08 at 11:04:20 +0100, Raffi Khatchadourian wrote:
On Sun  6.Apr'08 at  0:08:36 +0200, Eric Smith wrote:
My pleasure in having the sidebar patch transform the mutt user
experience has just been destroyed by observing the poor performance
of for example scrolling up and down the index.

There seems to be some buffer overload with delayed response compared
to an unpatched mutt which is much more responsive.

Am I alone in experiencing this?

It also seems strange to me that the sidebar feature is not seen as a
high priority by the general mutt community.

I use the sidebar patch myself and the only performance problem I see
with my mutt is that loading mailboxes with quite a few messages takes
some time. I don't know, however, if this is related to the side bar
patch.

By the way, I think the side bar is an important feature and should be
seen as high priority as well.