Hi Vlad,

Here it is:
Seems like configure couldn't find the SO.

configure:18489: checking whether this iconv is good enough
configure:18527: gcc -o conftest -Wall -pedantic -g -O2   conftest.c
-liconv >&5
configure:18530: $? = 0
configure:18536: ./conftest
ld.so.1: conftest: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory
./configure: line 1: 23577 Killed                  ./conftest$ac_exeext
configure:18539: $? = 137
configure: program exited with status 137

Ravi