Hi,

* Clayton Scott Kern wrote:

Thank you.  I suspected that the regex looked for letters, numbers and
periods, then an @, then more letters, numbers and periods, but couldn't
find anything explicitly stating such.

These From_ lines are parsed using a hand-written parser. It doesn't try to parse the mail address as a mail address at that stage, so it doesn't look for letters and numbers or the @ symbol. My quick look at the source reveals the format mutt expects:

  /*
   * A valid message separator looks like:
   *
   */

Looking at the source, it seems to support quoting the return path part using double quotes. This is untested, but quoting the whole part as in:

  From "foo [EMAIL PROTECTED]" ...

could help. I can't help you on making your MDA produce that, though...

Rocco