On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 06:55:31PM +0800, Awflasher(GuoQirui) wrote:

> I use "whereis sendmail" to find the MTA and it seems to be a file
> named "exim4". But that's just a file, I did not find anywhere to
> review the configuration.

ok, sendmail is just the interface. Its been the first mail server
software so its binaries defined the standard interface.

You could have a look in /etc/mail/ or maybe /etc/exim[4] if there
are your config files.

But, what we were trying to tell you, its very likely that your
local machine has no size limitation for mails and its one of the
other servers en route to your destinations mailbox.

Have you looked at the header lines? Which server wrote the
notification, that your mail was too huge?

> I tried "man exim4" but got a lot of complicated parameters ... So do
> I need to locate a "configuration file" or just use a parameter to
> "tell/modify" the limitations of my MTA ?

Exim4 on Debian uses /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.

Have a look if you find the files.

regards,
Marcus