I'm using MH folders with Mutt 1.4.2.3i, but there are some
inconsistencies:

1) Mutt seems to assume the "unseen" sequence is always called
"unseen," though this can be set in the .mh_profile.  If I set it to
"unseen", mutt seems to know which messages in a folder are unread.
If I call it "unread," however, mutt has no idea.

2) Mutt seems to use one mechanism for recognizing which folders
contain new messages, and a different mechanism for actually
identifying the new messages.  Mutt will tell me there's new mail in
folder xxx, but when I change to folder xxx, none of the messages are
marked as new.

3) Mutt doesn't seem to recognize some folders as mail folders at
all.  In MH, a mail folder is just a folder under the top mail folder
which contains files whose names are message numbers: 1, 2, 739, etc.
Sometimes when I try to change folders to one of these, mutt tells me
it's not a mail folder.

Any clues on any of these?

Thanks,
-pd