On Thursday, September 25 at 12:02 PM, quoth Maruvada, Suryakiran:
> 1. Its not giving any error  but mail is not sent. How to know the
> error. How to de-bug such things.
>
> eg mutt -a <file1> -a <file2>  -s "Sample Subject" <mail Id>

How is mutt configured to send mail? What's the value of $sendmail
and/or $smtp_url?

> 2 . Is there any command to send a list of files as attachments ?
> Instead of  prefixing -a to each file ?

To quote the man page:

     -a file [...]
            Attach a file to your message using MIME. To attach
            multiple files, separating filenames and recipient
            addresses with "--" is mandatory,
            e.g. mutt -a img.jpg *.png -- addr1 addr2

> 3. I need to send the contents of a file as Message body. How.?

Use the file as input, like so:

     mutt [EMAIL PROTECTED] < message.txt

That's in the mutt man page too.

> 4. What does mutt command returns.?

You could find that out by just trying a test message...

> 5.  I need to move the list of files once the mail is sent ...ie. In the
> above command
>              eg mutt -a <file1> -a <file2>  -s "Sample Subject" <mail
> Id>
>        Once the mails are sent I need to move file1, file2 to a
> different folder.

Well, mutt won't move them, but you can do it all by yourself:

     mutt -s subject -a file1 file2 < body.txt && \
     mv file1 file2 folder/

Is there some reason you don't want to do that?

A lot of this you can find out by just thumbing through the
documentation.

~Kyle
- --
Time goes, you say? Ah no! Time stays, *we* go.
                                                       -- Austin Dobson