Hi,

* Ennio-Sr wrote:

On posts going back to 2003 I red it was possible to switch identity
while composing a message. What I understood from those posts was that
you had to put the following lines in .muttrc:
------------
macro compose z "<edit-from>^UIdentity_<tab>" "Select from"

alias  Identity_1               <1st_addr...@tin.it>
alias  Identity_2               <2nd_addr...@tin.it>
.....  ..........               ....................
alias  Identity_n               <nth_addre...@tin.it>
------------
then, pressing 'z' while editing a new mail, you would be able to change
your 'From:' header choosing from the list of identities. However, I did
try it with no success ;-(

Yes, this works like a charm. What _exactly_ happens in your case? A
guess: you put ^ and U in there instead of a Control-U character?

If you try to edit the from line, mutt fills it with the content already
there. Control-U or <kill-line> editor function clears that line. Thus,
the above is equivalent to:

       macro compose z "<edit-from><kill-line>Identity_<tab>" "Select from"

If that still doesn't work for you, please provide an error message or
whatever mutt gives you.

Rocco