Hello,

I am using mutt v1.5.16 with nntp patch (as supplied by gentoo-linux)
and have some questions regarding the setup or muttrc-file.

First of all, I am not able to post to any newsgroup when the following
folder-hook is in effect:

        folder-hook . 'set record="^"'

I only get this error-message:

        newss://u...@news.motzarella.org:563/spline.test:No such file \
        or directory (errno = 2)

Disabling that line lets me submit my messages as expected. Is this some
kind of a bug or just a "bad-bad-setup"?

The second trouble I have is finding a suitable *-hook to define
newsserver specific settings. I found some config-files that seem to use
or at least list a server-hook, but the manpage does not list such
variable, neither does mutt accept it. Simply using a folder-hook (like
for an imap-folder)

        folder-hook 'newss://news.motzarella.org' 'set record="!"'

does not seem to work. Either my setup is wrong or I have to use a
different approach. How would I disable this hook for a newsserver for
example? I do not really need to save a message in my INBOX in the
future, but saving a message at least for debugging reasons would be
nice.

Maybe someone can help me out here. Thanks!

JP

--
Time flies like the wind, but fruit flies like bananas.