* Zhengquan Zhang <zhang.zhengq...@gmail.com> [2009-04-21 19:58 -0500]:
> I accidentally used 'd' on a message and can not go back to it.  I
> tried to use arrow keys to go back to it and use 'u' to undelete it
> but it just failed to do so.
>
> I have 'set delete=yes' in muttrc. So once I quit mutt, the message
> will be automatically deleted. I don't want this to happen.

Perhaps you could simply select the message by typing its number, then
'C' to copy it, and select the current mailbox as the destination?  That
would result in a duplicate message existing if your undelete efforts
succeed, but even if you lose the original message you'll have the copy.

Regards,
--
dave [ please don't CC me ]