++ 10/05/09 17:26 +0100 - Rafal Czlonka:
>Chris Bannister wrote:
>> > You can convert your mbox to maildir first. The only difference between
>> > mbox and maildir in procmail is "/" at the end of the mailbox name.
>>
>> No, that is not the only difference. Maildir doesn't require locking.
>
>Yes, I know that, thank you. Still, in procmail, the only difference
>between setting up those two is "/" at the end of the mailbox name.

Well, from a practical point of view, this is not completely true. As
noted by Chris, maildir does not require file locking. The other one,
mbox, does. When writing recipes, you should tell when procmail when to
use locking and when it should not. For example, for a mbox mailbox, one
would use:

  :0:
  /home/example/mail

For a maildir the same thing would be:

  :0
  /home/example/mail/

There are two differences: the trailings slash in the mailbox name and
the trailing colon on the first line of the recipe. If the colon is
present, procmail will use file locking. Without the colon, procmail
will not lock the file before writing.

Anyway, this is off topic. :P)

--
Rejo Zenger . <r...@zenger.nl> . 0x75FC50F3 . <https://rejo.zenger.nl>