Using mutt in Ubuntu, by default, the top menu bar that has the q: Quit
d:Del suggestions is blue (bg) and with green text.  The blue background
for this line stretches from the left side of the terminal to the
further right. When I highlight an email, that email is highlighted by a
lighter blue that again, stretches from furtherest left to furtherest
right.  And lastly, the bottom, there's another line that states
"--Mutt: =INBOX [Msgs:300 Old:... ) and that is the same color blue as
the first line.

This is all fine, but in Arch Linux, these are all white (bg) with black
text. And they don't reach from left to right, the white background and
black text only applies to the text.  Any blank spaces, are black, so
there's no solid line.  So each word in an email line in the index, and
each menu option presents itself as a white block with black text in it,
then a black space, then another white block with black text, and so on.

it looks incredibly tacky and makes it hard to read.  anyone know how
to make mutt in arch look like it is in ubuntu?

(and yes, I have colors going on in my .muttrc, but they only affect
text color of new mail, readmail, headers, and quoted text.  I tried
commenting all my lines regarding color out on Arch and it remained the
same.

If anyone has any ideas, please shoot them my way. Thanks