On 2009-05-11, Jan-Herbert Damm wrote:
> I want to *move* read messages to another mailbox (mbox format) for archiving.
> I'm using "C" plus "d" because I haven't yet found a smarter way to move mails
> among mboxes.

I think this line from my .muttrc should help you do what you describe
above.

macro index,pager M "<save-message>?<toggle-mailboxes>" "move a message
to a mailbox"

(The above should be one line only.)

So, I select a message, press "M" and then I see a list of my mailboxes.
I select the one I want to receive the message and press enter.  The
message goes to the destination I selected and the view returns to the
mailbox I moved from; the moved message is marked as deleted.

I also use this to move multiple messages with tagging.  Tag, tag, tag,
";M".

--
Monte