Hi,

> > * Jan-Herbert Damm wrote:
> >
> > > GPG asks my passphrase but doesn't accept it.
> >
> > What gpg setup did you use? contrib/gpg.rc? It's not gpg that's asking
> > but mutt.  So maybe mutt doesn't call gpg at all or in a wrong way...

Ok, it works fine now. The problem was in the direction pointed to by Rocco:
I aktually wasn't telling mutt at all how to call gpg. I copied the run
commands from the samples/gpg.rc into my ".muttrc" with only slightly
detailing the path to "pgpewrap".

I find that building my own mutt improved my understanding a lot because i was
forced to figure out the workings in detail. With the custom mutt install of
ubuntu on the other hand it seems that these workings are being hidden from
the user, which can lead to "selling him for dumb" (as the literal
translation of a german figure of speech would phrase it).

greetings

jan

--
Bitte beachten Sie auch die Rückseite dieses Schreibens!