On 2009-10-07, Cooper T53 <ana...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Here's a quіck poll:
>
> Which terminal do you prefer for mutt?
> - a/e/x/wterm
> - rxvt
> - rxvt-unicode
> - mrxvt
> - gnome terminal
> - xfce terminal (haven't tried tひis one)
> - konsole
> - other?
>
> And why?

xterm on Linux at work.  It's there; it "just works".  I've used
xterm with mutt on HP-UX and Solaris, too.  Until I started using
Linux, I built xterm myself on those systems so I'd have an up to
date version with color.

rxvt on Cygwin and Windows XP at home.  When I started using Cygwin
it was the only terminal available that didn't require X.  I've just
stuck with it.

> And while I am at it, dark background or light background?

Dark background.  Black or very close.  Light gray normal text.  It
doesn't seem as glaring or as harsh as black on white.  Especially
in a dark room.  Some degree of habit, too.  All the computers and
terminals I used at first had only light text on dark backgrounds.
I just like it.

Regards,
Gary