Mutt seems to change behavior from day to day. Yesterday it flew. Today it hesitates after *every* key stroke, whether it's navigating between mailboxes or within a mailbox, tagging a message, saving, replying, you name it. The hesitation lasts for 3-5 seconds. It appears to be reading headers but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure why it should be reading headers when I try to tag, save, or reply. It even does it when I hit "?" to call up a menu. Since I subscribe to a bunch of lists, some of them high volume, it would take all day to go thru them with the constant hesitations.

I'm running 1.5.17+20080114-1ubuntu1 on ubuntu 8.04. I also have debian on this box but haven't yet had a chance to check mutt on that.

Any pointers appreciated.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279