* On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 08:46AM -0800 Brendan Cully (bren...@kublai.com) wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17 November 2009 at 11:31, Kevin Kobb wrote:
> > Dan Ritter wrote:
> > >On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 09:17:36AM -0500, Kevin Kobb wrote:
> > Typically, I am doing this for a user. They call and complain because
> > the got an offensive email of some type. If I save the message to
> > another folder (which I do) it still leaves a copy in the Inbox
> > folder with the deleted flag set.
> >
> > If I do an expunge to get rid of the offensive message, it will also
> > expunge all the users messages with the deleted flag set.
>
> You could also copy all the messages _but_ the target to a temp
> folder, then purge, then copy them back. Or tag all deleted messages,
> clear the deleted flag, set some other flag (like 'flagged'), delete
> the single message, tag the flagged messages, and set them to deleted
> but not flagged. The second method might be a bit quicker, but depends
> on there not already being flagged messages in the mailbox. I'd go
> with the first.

When I played around with that scenario I did what seemed logically and
tagged the only message I wanted to delete then limited to ~T
Then when I hit $ mutt asked me to delete all messages marked for
deletion and while trying that anyways it indeed deleted all messages.

Why the hell does mutt do that? Has there been a paradigm shift that I
missed? I was under the impression that mutt should ALWAYS operate on
VISIBLE messages ONLY.

Michael
--
"Whip me.  Beat me.  Make me maintain AIX."
(By Stephan Zielinski)

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC1A44DD
Jabber:     init...@amessage.de