On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 04:04:36PM -0600, Wayne Richards wrote:
> I eliminated the spaces, yet still get the same result (the
> command-line method doesn't get the proper "From" value).  Any other
> thoughts?

Well, I've attempted to do what you're doing and I can make it work
here (I guess).  What I'm doing is the following.

1. I used the muttrc file you provided and commented out anything that
didn't seem relevant to a command line send operation.  (This left only
the use_envelope_from line.)

2. I used the command line string you provided and modified it slightly.
This is what it ended up looking like:

echo "message" | mutt -e 'set from="Support Guy <supp...@example.com>"'
-e 'my_hdr Reply-to: supp...@example.com' -F ~/.mutt/plainrc -s
"subject" mo...@downstairs.invalid

The message I received had these headers: