maillistjb wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jan 2010, Brian Durant wrote:

----

Pedro L Vera wrote:
I found this website very useful:

http://crunchbanglinux.org/wiki/howto/howto_setup_mutt_with_gmail_imap

The instructions worked for my email account and my setup.

What I would like to do now is sort my mail so that it goes into
different boxes locally. I had previously run mutt with fetchmail and
procmail, and it was working ok for gmail. However, if I can just run
mutt that would be better.

Pedro
I have implemented one account so far and I am experiencing problems
with the following lines for my (non-Gmail) IMAP account:

set sent = "+/Sent"
set trash = "+/Trash"

The first returns an error of:

Error in ~/foo/.muttrc, line 9: sent: unknown variable

The second I encounter an error with when I attempt to quit Mutt:

Purge 12 deleted messages? ([yes]/no): y
Create .Trash? ([yes]/no): y
Can't open trash folder

Where is the .Trash folder supposed to be created? In my ~/ .mutt folder
or on the IMAP server? There is one already on the IMAP server as far as
I know.

Cheers,

Brian>

------

Hello Brian

I have since moved from crunchbang and went back to ubuntu .. my question is this .. i would love to use mutt i love how it looks the colors everything .. right now im using alpine because it works .. my question is i need mutt to be setup for 4 accounts and be able to send and recieve from both of them .. how hard would that be to configure .. they are 4 imap accounts

Thanks
maillistjb

I am as much in the dark as you are, but from what I can see from the
other postings, I would have to say that it would be very difficult. If
you figure out something, let me know as I am in the same boat :-[

Good luck,

Brian