On Thu 04 Feb 2010 at 15:44:08 PST Derek Martin wrote:

It's not that simple.  Outlook sucks for a lot of reasons, many of
them technical.  Mutt has very few technical weaknesses, but its user
interface is from 3 decades ago.  I, and I suspect a lot of people,
would love to see a modern Mutt.

Some of us *prefer* that 30 year-old UI and the "Unix philosophy" way of
doing things.
As somebody else said, you're welcome to fork off a new branch of mutt
where you can implement all the "modern" features you're pining for.

Just leave the rest of us the good old mutt that we know and love, OK?