** Brendan Cully <bren...@kublai.com> [2010-03-20 20:53]:
> On Saturday, 20 March 2010 at 18:01, Paul Tansom wrote:
> > I've been using Mutt for a good few years now, but only started using it
> > over
> > IMAP a year or so ago and now I've started using multiple IMAP accounts with
> > it. Setting this up was straight forward enough, and I can cycle through
> > mailboxes with new mail in quite happily, but only if I have already checked
> > mail once. What I'm trying to do, and haven't yet worked out how, is
> > connect to
> > all the IMAP mail accounts when I first start Mutt, so Mutt knows which ones
> > have new mail in without having to manually change into each one first. Can
> > anyone point me to some good references for this, I've not managed to spot
> > what
> > I'm looking for with Google or on the Mutt Wiki so far.
>
> unset $imap_passive to automatically connect to any mailbox you've
> added to the mailboxes list with the 'mailboxes' command.

Brilliant, thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. It's my own fault for
having so many mail accounts that it now takes a while to connect to them all!!

There's so many things you can do with Mutt that in spite of having started
using it some time in 2000, there's still plenty to discover :)

> > Another thing I'll be looking at is a means to save me typing in the full
> > details of each mail account in order to switch between them. I'm
> > particularly
> > keen on this since they are all on the same server and each account name is
> > the
> > email address and things get quite long winded even with tab completion! I'm
> > thinking that something along the lines of a macro or a bind line in my
> > muttrc
> > file should do the trick here, but since I'm typing if anyone has a pointer
> > it
> > may save me some time :)
>
> yes, binding a macro should help here. e.g.,
>
> macro index I '<change-folder>imap://f...@bar/INBOX'

I shall have to have a play and see what I can come up with to save some typing.
** end quote [Brendan Cully]

Registered in England  |  Company No: 4905028  |  Registered Office: