Michael Ludwig schrieb am 21.06.2010 um 17:27 (+0200):
> Christian Ebert schrieb am 21.06.2010 um 16:50 (+0200):
> > * Michael Ludwig on Monday, June 21, 2010 at 16:27:52 +0200

> > > Is the best option to write a shell or Perl script to parse the
> > > mail, determine the appropriate SMTP server from the "From" line
> > > (first line of the mail), and then to exec ssmtp with the
> > > appropriate arguments or configuration file?
> >
> > Might be easier to switch to msmtp which provides this functionality
>
> Thanks - looking into it.

The msmtp utility appears to do what I want in combination with Mutt 1.4
and the following configuration:

set from            = "ad...@gmx.de"    # main address
set reverse_name    = yes               # use alternates
set use_from        = yes               # generate From: header
set envelope_from   = yes               # don't know if relevant here

Thanks for pointing me at msmtp, very useful!
--
Michael Ludwig