On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 09:30:08PM -0300, Monte Stevens wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:09:55AM -0800, Roger wrote:
>> How about an option to mark folders with an "O" on folder (browser) view
>> containing old
>> email (email not marked as read -- aka forgotten/overlooked emails)?
>>
>> Or is this already there?
>
>I guess what would be needed is a %O printf-like sequence for
>folder_format.  There doesn't appear to be one according to my muttrc
>manual.
>
>> Looks to me, mark old only happens in (email) index view.
>
>That's my understanding as well.
>
>I'll take this opportunity to disclose that this proposed feature is not
>something I'm interested in using.  I thought the 'old' flag in the
>index view was neat at first but I prefer that the message retains the
>'new' flag if I haven't looked at it.

I tend to agree with you here within index view.  But in browse folder view it
would be good to know if you've missed an unread email further back in your
history.

Key here is, index view != browse folder view.

But, on the note of "O" or "N" within index view, I usually just zap them all
as read after quickly noting the subject has nothing to do with what I'm
currently working on.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/