On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 02:58:56PM -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Chip Camden <sterl...@camdensoftware.com> [07-27-10 11:08]:
> > Make sure you have
> >
> > set write_bcc=no
> >
> > in your .muttrc, or the Bcc header will be included in the message.
>
> That *only* applies to your locally saved copy, not the outgoing message
> that others see.

If that's true *now*, it's a change from past behavior, which is known
to have bad interactions with exim.  So at the very least, your
comment is version-specific.  I remember this issue being discussed on
mutt-dev, but I don't recall it being changed to what you describe.
Certainly I may have missed that.

> see the man page.

Which one?  The mutt man page makes no mention of that.

Ah, you must mean this bit, from the muttrc man page:

       write_bcc
              Type: boolean
              Default: yes

              Controls  whether  mutt  writes out the “Bcc:” header
              when preparing messages to be sent.  Exim users may wish
              to unset this. If mutt is set to deliver directly via
              SMTP (see $smtp_url), this option does nothing: mutt
              will never write out the “Bcc:”  header in this case.

Hmmm... Seems like you're wrong after all (Mutt 1.5.20hg
(2009-08-27)).  Mutt may well write out the Bcc line on the message
that is sent out.

-=-=-=-=-