Quoth Brian Cuttler on Tuesday, 31 August 2010:
> Hate ask, but I think I've tried the obvious...
>
> Moving from a Solaris 9/sparc box with mutt Mutt 1.4.1i (2003-03-19)
> to Solaris 10x86 with Mutt 1.5.17 (2007-11-01) and I'm finding that
> my colors and highlighting don't work at all.
>
> Checked terminal type, the same, didn't make any config changes,
> just # ssh'd into a different server. My desktop is Solaris 10x86
> and that hasn't changed either. Its something with the server or
> with the specific build of mutt, I believe both from sunfreeware.
>
> Sorry to ask such a rudimenary question.
>
>                                               Thanks for your help,
>
>                                               Brian
>
> ---
>    Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cutt...@wadsworth.org
>    Computer Systems Support        (v) 518 486-1697
>    Wadsworth Center                (f) 518 473-6384
>    NYS Department of Health        Help Desk 518 473-0773
>

> IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
> confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
> privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It
> is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or
> from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
> distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the
> sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
> system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Rudimentary, yes.  Easy, no.  I probably don't know enough about Solaris
to help you, but I can tell you that on FreeBSD I ran into several
issues:

1. I had to build mutt with slang instead of ncurses.

2. The terminal definition I use has to be set up correctly in *both*
termcap and terminfo.  Specifically, it needs to have the correct number
of colors specified (Co# in termcap) and the correct sequences for
setting foreground/background color.

3. The terminal in which you are running mutt (urxvt in my case) has to
be built with the same color options (256 color support, in my case).

So, what kind of problem are you seeing?  Is mutt complaining, or is it
just silently not changing the colors?

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterl...@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips.com