Quoth Steve Schmerler on Friday, 03 September 2010:
> On Sep 02 17:38 -0700, Chip Camden wrote:
> >
> > Sorry to respond to myself -- but this version has minor improvements.
>
> That's neat! Thanks for the nice script.
>
> So it is either parse-it-yourself or use a full-fledged LDAP. If I
> script the parser myself, I might as well set up a small sqlite db to
> hold my contacts. There is no real need to use abook, then. Thanks.
>
> best,
> Steve

That's up to you -- I still like abook for its simplicity and its other
interface features with mutt.  But mutt follows the Unix philosophy: it
provides a well-defined set of features and works well with text files
and pipes, so it easily plugs into whatever other services you prefer.

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterl...@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips.com