On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 08:45:41AM +0100, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> I'm trying to use a different SMTP server to send messages whenever mutt is in
> a special mail folder. This seems to work, but now I noticed that mutt seems
> to use the special SMTP server for any mail it sends and not just only when it
> its in the special mail folder.
>
> Here's what I've set:
>
> folder-hook postmaster.customer 'set envelope_from_address=p...@customer.org'
> folder-hook postmaster.customer 'my_hdr From: Patrick Ben Koetter
> folder-hook postmaster.customer 'set
> smtp_url=smtp://u...@customer.org@mail.customer.org:587/'
> folder-hook postmaster.customer 'set smtp_authenticators=digest-md5:cram-md5'
> folder-hook postmaster.customer 'set smtp_pass=PASSWORD'
>
> Obviously I missed something, but what?

For each special folder-hook line add one

folder-hook . 'set variable=default-case'

, where variable and default-case are not literal.  The "folder-hook ."
lines need to be read by mutt before the special case ones, e.g., put
them above the special case lines in the same muttrc file.

The dotted lines tell mutt what to do in the default case, while the
lines you've created tell mutt what to do in the specific case.

--
Monte