On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 01:25:05PM +0100, Christian Ebert wrote:
> * Veljko on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 23:55:59 +0100

> >> Sorry, I understand that my subject contribute to the confusion. What I
> >> was asking was using pipe in view-attachment part. When rely on mailcap
> >> entries is is sufficient to pres enter (and that is working now), but
> >> alternative is to press "|"
> >> and enter command, that is, we are asked to "Pipe to:". Maybe I
> >> misunderstood it's usage...
> >
> > To be more clear, I'm refering to this:
> > pipe-message               |   pipe message/attachment to a shell command
>
> And the question is? ;-) Why not try it out? It does just what it
> says, according to your current pipe-related settings like
> pipe_decode. And you can use/test it from Mutt's commandline or
> in macros. You just enter the command at the pipe-message prompt
> manually or write it in the macro.
>
> But I am quite certain that I don't understand what your question
> is, sorry.

Well, I tried it and it doesn't work. I have some .wmv file attached in
mail. After Ctrl-v I'm in position to press enter after selecting
attachment. Something like:
A     4 some_video_file.wmv      [video/x-ms-wmv, base64, 1.3M]
If I press enter, video file is started in mplayer, bacause it is set that
way in my mailcap and that's fine. But if I want to play it in VLC, I
thought I can press "|" and enter command that will start my attached
video file. It doesn't work. pipe_decode doesn't make any difference.

But it doesn't really matter. I was just being curious about it. :-)