Hi,

I'm trying to use img2txt from libcaca to display images that are attached to
mails. I have the following in my mailcap:

image/*; img2txt %s; copiousoutput;

I also have the following in my muttrc:

set allow_ansi
auto_view image/*

When viewing a message with an image attached, I get the text output from
img2txt but the colors are not correct. It's like it is only rendered with 8
colors rather than 256. I am using (u)rxvt-256color as my terminal and viewing
images with img2txt directly in the terminal the colors are correct. img2txt
has various format output options (caca, ansi, utf8 with ansi escapes etc.) but
none render the color correctly.

Could this be a problem with the configuration of mutt at compile time? The
output of 'mutt -v' is as follows:

`--> mutt -v
Mutt 1.5.21 (2010-09-15)
Copyright (C) 1996-2009 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: Linux 2.6.38-ARCH (x86_64)
slang: 20204
libidn: 1.19 (compiled with 1.19)
hcache backend: GDBM version 1.8.3. 10/15/2002 (built Jan  7 2011 13:53:17)
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  -DL_STANDALONE  +USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
+USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  +USE_SMTP
+USE_SSL_OPENSSL  -USE_SSL_GNUTLS  +USE_SASL  -USE_GSS  +HAVE_GETADDRINFO
-HAVE_REGCOMP  +USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  -HAVE_START_COLOR  -HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  -HAVE_BKGDSET
-HAVE_CURS_SET  -HAVE_META  -HAVE_RESIZETERM
+CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_PGP  +CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_SMIME  +CRYPT_BACKEND_GPGME
-EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +HAVE_WC_FUNCS  +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET
+HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
+HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  +HAVE_LIBIDN  +HAVE_GETSID  +USE_HCACHE
-ISPELL
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
PKGDATADIR="/usr/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/etc"
EXECSHELL="/bin/sh"
-MIXMASTER
To contact the developers, please mail to <mutt-...@mutt.org>.
To report a bug, please visit http://bugs.mutt.org/.

patch-1.5.16hg.cd.trash_folder.vl.1
patch-1.5.19.sidebar.20090522.txt

Any ideas what I can try to find out what the problem is?

Mark