On 26Jul2011 17:54, Marcelo Luiz de Laia <marcelol...@gmail.com> wrote:
| On Tue, 26 Jul 2011, Cameron Simpson wrote:
| > I've updated the script to default to "vi" if $EDITOR isn't
| > present.
|
| Yeah!!!! It worked fine! I have set it to emacs -nw and got it work
| well.

Cool. (I presume you've set EDITOR in your shell environment, not the
muttedit script - the idea is that it will know its default from your
environment, not that it should need modification by every user who uses
it).

| But, I have a little troubles:
| 1. there are two signature in each message
|
| my muttrc section:
|
| unhook send-hook
| send-hook . "source ~/.mutt/profile.gmail\n"
| send-hook
| ^(offlineimap-proj...@lists.alioth.debian.org|mutt-users@mutt.org)
| 'set mime_forward signature="~/.mutt/sig.list"')

Odd. The mutt invocation in muttedit actually turns off the signature
because it should have been applied when the compose mode was first
entered, just before muttedit itself was invoked by mutt.

Maybe muttedit needs to turn off mime_forward as well?

| 2. If I was composing a message and press ctrl+a and d, I could
| dettach and return to mutt (pager|index), but I don't could attach the
| screen to compose again. If I press ctrl+a in mutt, it do other
| things. I think that this is a issue from screen versus mutt
| commands. I started here [1], but no progress.
|
| 1. http://www.rackaid.com/resources/linux-screen-tutorial-and-how-to/

You are expected to reattach from elsewhere (although i guess one could
map a special key in mutt). As you notice, when you detach you have left
screen. From another window you can reattach to resume editing.
The command:

  screen -ls

should show your editing session with a nice title.

Thoughts?
--
Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

This morning I was writing an article containing some Perl.  My daughter Heidi
wandered in and said, "What is that gobbledygook?  It looks like swearing."

Out of the mouths of babes...    - Larry Wall, lw...@netlabs.com