Hello,

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 03:30:56PM +0000, Camaleón
wrote:
> All the process works fine but some of the files
> are wrongly encoded which results in an error
> when the user tries to reconstruct the big file
> from the received attachments.

becaue you split archive, pieces start with random
data and e.g. 'file' utility may detect data type
wrongly. I don't know how mutt performs data type
autodetection, but if it involves the 'file'
utility, you may want to try substituting system
'file' with your own shellscript, which always
returns something like 'xxx: data' and resides in
e.g.  ~/bin directory. Then you could run mutt
prefixed by PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH" to override
system 'file' and force uniform type for al
attachments.

--
With best regards,
xrgtn